Critical Illness Insurance - Legal & General
Article published on 20th June 2014
Critical Illness Insurance with Legal & General will pay out a full claim on your policy if you are diagnosed with one of 39 serious medical conditions, or a partial claim payment of the sum assured for 2 illnesses of low severity.
With your policy documentation you will receive a Key Features Document that will outline the severity of the diagnosis that you must be diagnosed with in order to make a claim; these are not detailed in the list below. It is important that you are aware of the degree of diagnosis that is required for the conditions in your policy to make a successful claim.
Full payments of the policy sum assured are made for the following 39 illnesses in the Critical Illness plan offered by Legal & General:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Aorta graft surgery
- Aplastic anaemia
- Bacterial meningitis
- Benign brain tumour
- Cardiac arrest
- Coronary artery by-pass grafts
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD)
- Heart attack
- Heart-valve replacement or repair
- Kidney failure
- Liver failure
- Loss of hand or foot
- Loss of speech
- Major organ transplant
- Motor neurone disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Multiple system atrophy
- Open heart surgery
- Paralysis of a limb
- Parkinson's disease
- Primary pulmonary hypertension
- Progressive supranuclear palsy
- Removal of an eyeball as a result of injury or disease
- Respiratory failure
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Terminal illness (if combined with Life Cover)
- Third degree burns
- Total permanent disability
- Traumatic head injury
Partial payments are available if you are diagnosed with one of the following 2 illnesses:
- Ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast
- Low grade prostate cancer
The Legal & General Critical Illness Insurance policy provides cover for your children automatically, for a partial payment of the sum assured should they fall ill with one of the critical illnesses covered. This includes your natural, adopted or stepchildren.
Now that you have seen a brief summary of the Legal & General Critical Illness policy please feel free to speak with one of our financial advisors who can discuss the plan with your in more detail.
We use a range of providers/insurance companies and their products may be more suitable for your needs.
Looking for more information?
- Next Article: Unemployment Insurance Explained
- Previous Article: Critical Illness Insurance - Aegon Scottish Equitable
- List of Articles: Click Here to Return to Insurance Articles